In this article, we will be discussing about the core differences between WordPress and Programming. There is no rocket science in understanding the core principle of both Programming and WordPress. Before pointing out the differences between WordPress and Programming, let us first give you an insight on both of them.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Free Content Management System written in PHP and paired with MySQL database. It is a simple and easy way of writing blogs, building websites, creating LMS and also online e-commerce store. It requires minimum to no knowledge of programming or coding to make an content and publish it online.
What is Programming?
Lets compare the differences between both of them and then we will discuss pros and cons of each of them.
|No Coding knowledge is required||Coding is the first and foremost step one must know to start front-end or back-end programming in website development. Without adequate knowledge of programming, you will not be able to create good websites.|
|It takes less time to create a website.||It is time consuming to create even a simplest website. Plus, It requires hundreds and hundreds lines of code to create a fully functional website.|
|It has lots of free themes and plugins to choose from to create an awesome website in no time.||There is no plugins or template to choose from,one must write all the codes from scratch or use the code already available and modify them.|
|Anyone can easily create a website using wordpress without prior knowledge to programming or any other technical knowledge. It is user friendly, intuitive and can be learnt easily.||Programming and coding is not everyone's cup of tea. It requires technical knowledge and lots of time invested in order to learn programming.|
|Websites built in WordPress are comparatively faster and there are tons of options for Security,Search Engine Optimizations(SEO) and also Advertisement.||It is comparatively slower and not as easy to use in terms of security and SEO.|
|The cost of maintaining a website is recurring and bit expensive compared to programming.||There is not cost in maintain the website as one doesn't have to pay to buy themes and plugins.Plus, the cost of hosting is bit lower.|
|There exist no uniqueness in making a website. Same templates are used by most of the user with only bit modifications.||Every website programmed from scratch is unique in its own way.|
By observing the tables, we can understand that both are useful in its own way and equally different from each other. Here are some the pros and cons of WordPress:
Pros of using WordPress in building a website:
- Easy, User Friendly, No Technical Knowledge required.
- Lots of ready made Plugins and templates are available to choose from.
- Easily customizable, responsive on all devices.
- Can be used for wide range of website making such as portfolio, e-commerce, business website and blogging as well.
- Search Engine Optimization and Security Optimization are very easy in websites built with WordPress.
- Since all the edits, plugins, themes, templates are stored online, you can easily control your website from anywhere you want.
- It consumes very less time and is very cheap compared to paying developers to make website.
Cons of using WordPress in building a website:
- There are certain limitations as you will not find every plugins that you need. You might need to combine multiple plugins just to create a simple user interface. Sometimes, we might not get the exact result that we want as we can’t modify the plugins that we use. We are forced to use it the same way its owner created it for.
- The website built using WordPress are vulnerable to hackers. The plugins, themes and templates that we use might not combine well with each other and create a loop hole for hackers to attack your website. A single plugin if tampered by hackers will have great impact on your site.
- Since, WordPress is a open source community, there is no customer support and you can’t even blame anyone if suddenly your website goes down.
- You constantly have to update your plugins. Creating a website using WordPress requires continuous time dedication to it. One can not create a website and stay unattended.
- The plugins, themes and templates are not always free.
Similarly, here are some pros of using programming to create your website:
- You can create a website any way you like with the full power to modify and customize it in any way with your own code.
- You will have the full in-dependency for your website without the need to depend on plugins, themes and plugins.
- The fact that WordPress itself is built from programming is the biggest pros of programming. If you are good at programming, the scope in web-development is unlimited.
- If you are good enough, you can create extraordinary websites like this which is only possible through programming and not WordPress.
- Programming promotes originality, creativity and brings more innovations in web-development.
Cons of using programming in your website are:
- Not everyone knows or wants to learn programming. There are more people who just want an easy and quick user interface to create a website. That is where programming has its drawback.
- It is time consuming and it is expensive for the customer who wants their website developed just by programming.
- It is difficult to maintain Search Engine Optimization and Security stuffs.
To sum up, Both programming and WordPress has its own pros and cons. But, following the criteria of most peoples, WordPress takes a lead in comparison to programming. The fact that you can even code and modify the existing themes, templates in WordPress is the major plus point of WordPress over Programming.